What Questions Should I Ask My DUI Lawyer?
We all make mistakes. Those mistakes can be more severe than others, and we must deal with the consequences.
If you get behind the wheel after drinking, you run the risk of getting pulled over and getting a DUI.
Our legal team can help you get lower fines or avoid jail time, depending on the circumstances.
You may ask yourself, “What questions should I ask my DUI lawyer?”
When conferring with any Nevada DUI lawyer, there are some essential questions to consider. Knowing the right questions can help us build the best case possible for you.
Ask About Their Background
Suppose the potential lawyer you consider hiring is on their first DUI case. That might end up hurting you.
Depending on your case, you may need someone with a strong background in DUI cases. That’s us.
Some questions to ask about any lawyer’s background include:
- How long have you been working with DUI cases?
- Are you a former DUI Prosecutor?
- How much of your caseload are DUI cases?
- How many cases have you been able to plea deal down or get dismissed?
- What is your track record?
What Type of Specialized Training They Have
In the case of DUI law, you want to make sure your lawyer has specialized training or certification in DUI law.
Some questions to consider:
- Have you ever done a DUI ride-along with a police officer?
- Are you certified by a DUI organization or a state bar association?
- If your state requires it, are you a certified DUI specialist?
- Have you completed the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Student? How about the Instructor Standardized Field Sobriety Test course?
Ask About Fees
One of the most important things to know about your DUI attorney is how they expect to get paid.
Most attorneys offer a free initial consultation but expect payment for further services. It is vital to know how much you will get billed and the terms for a payment plan.
Questions to ask include:
- Along with standard rate fees, will there be extra fees for blood testing, expert witness fees, etc.?
- What form of payment do you accept? (many lawyers will accept payment options such as Venmo, PayPal, etc.)
Expectations on Outcome
While we cannot predict the future, we can help predict possible outcomes.
Questions to ask any DUI attorney:
- Is a plea deal possible? Or a pre-trial motion to suppress evidence?
- Should we go to trial?
- What factors can work in my favor and which can work against me?
When facing a DUI case, you must seek the best legal advice possible.
Seeking the aid of an experienced lawyer can be crucial in getting the best results for your case. Our team can help determine the best course of action for your DUI case.
Navigating the complexities of the Nevada criminal justice system? Our website offers a structured array of resources to guide you through various legal situations:
Understanding the Need for Representation: Determine if you require legal assistance with our article, Do You Need Legal Assistance for Misdemeanor Charges?
– The Arraignment Process: Navigate through The Nevada Arraignment – FAQ for answers to common questions about the initial court process.
Firearms and Theft
Consult our expert team of Sex Crime Defense Attorneys.
Review our detailed page on Nevada Traffic Tickets.
Solicitation & Prostitution
Read our guide titled, “Need Help with Solicitation Charges?“
Stay updated with “Understanding Nevada Shoplifting Laws.”
Our “Warrant Defense Attorneys” guide sheds light on how to address outstanding warrants.
Learn the process with our “Comprehensive Guide to Sealing Criminal Records in Nevada.”
Remember, our website is a treasure trove of legal insights. Should you need personalized legal counsel, please connect with us.
Why You Haven’t Hired a Las Vegas DUI Attorney Yet
Watch this short video to take the next big step toward defending yourself against your DUI charge.
Look no further than The Rosenblum Allen Law Firm.
We know how to get results! Our team has decades of combined experience and are experts in defending clients facing a DUI charge.
We understand the laws, fight hard on our clients’ behalf, and go out of our way to deliver an exceptional client experience.
Don’t just take our word for it – see what other satisfied customers have said about us!
So don’t delay any longer – call (702) 433-2889 today and let us help you with your case.