Top Guardianship Attorneys In Nevada | Rosenblum Law Firm

Nevada Guardianship Attorneys

Contact Us For Help Now!

We help our Nevada clients obtain Guardianship and protect their loved ones from a variety of risks. Whether you are a grandparent raising grandchildren or a grandchild taking care of grandparents, we can help your family with a Nevada Guardianship to protect your family member’s rights.

Guardianship is an effective way of protecting the financial and legal interests of an elderly family member or minor who cannot manage their own affairs. Usually, the court will appoint medical experts to evaluate the mental and physical condition of the family member (a.k.a. ward). Guardianship does not remove all of a person’s rights. Depending on the situation, some rights may be transferred to the guardian while others may be retained by the ward. Once a guardian is appointed, the guardian has certain responsibilities to the ward such as accounting for the ward’s financial affairs.

What type of Guardianship is there?

In Nevada there are three types of guardianship:


Guardianship over the person:

A guardianship over a person means that the guardian is responsible for the care, maintenance and support of the individual. These types of guardianships make the guardian responsible for personal and medical decisions of the ward only.



Guardianship over the estate:

A guardianship over a wards estate means the Guardian is responsible to protect, preserve, manage and dispose of the estate in the  individuals best interest.  The guardian is responsible for financial decisions only.



Guardianship over the person and the Estate:

The Guardian of the Person and Estate is responsible  for financial, medical and social decisions for the individual.

What is a Temporary Guardianship?

Under Nevada law, a person may obtain an emergency Temporary Guardianship under certain circumstances. Usually, emergency temporary guardianships are granted when the proposed Guardian can demonstrate that the ward face a substantial and immediate risk of financial loss or physical harm or needs immediate medical attention, when the proposed ward lack capacity to respond to the risk of loss or harm or is unable to obtain necessary medical attention and when the Guardian has tried in good faith to notify the necessary individuals by law. Usually, obtaining a temporary emergency guardianship can be a daunting task and it is important to have experienced and knowledgeable legal representation on your side.

Who Can Serve As A Guardian?

Generally, any person may serve as a guardian so long as the proposed guardian is competent. A minor, a felon convicted of certain crimes involving abuse or neglect or financial crimes, a person judicially determined to  have committed abuse, neglect or exploitation of another person and a person suspected of misconduct  or disbarred/suspended from the practice of law (during the period of suspension  or disbarment only) usually may not serve as a guardian. The Judge will ultimately decide who the guardian may be and even if the proposed guardian is usually one who cannot serve as a guardian, the Guardianship Judge will ultimately determine if that person is fit to serve as the Guardian.

Why Hire Us For Your Guardianship?

At Rosenblum Law Offices, we have handled hundreds of Guardianship matters and we understand that pursuing a guardianship is not always easy. From hotly contested cases to consent guardianships, our Guardianship Attorneys know the ins and outs of guardianship court. We work with our clients to ensure that both the Guardian’s rights and the Ward’s rights are protected and that our clients receive the best possible outcome for their family during a difficult time.  If you need a guardianship, call us today at (702) 433-2889 or fill out our on-line form for more information.