Tips For Modifying Nevada Child Support

Nevada child support is the financial contribution made by one parent to help support his/her child. If you believe you pay too much or receive too little child support, Nevada law generally allows either parent to request support modifications. A recalculation will be done if any of the following is true:

  • If you have an existing Court order for child support, you may request a modification by law every 3 years;
  • If there is a change in the number of dependents. For example, if you have had one or more new children (stepchildren not included), the Court may consider decreasing your child support;
  • If your child has special needs such as extraordinary medical expenses, school-related expenses or other expenses, the Court may consider increasing child support;
  • If you provide health insurance for your minor children, the Court may consider decreasing your child support payment to account for your payments of medical premiums;
  • Transportation costs may also be a reason to increase or decrease child support. For example, if you are the parent providing transportation for all visits, the Court may consider the cost of transportation in a request for modification;
  • If your income has gone up or down by at least 20%, the Court will consider modifying child support;
  • If your custody has changed. For example, if you previously had joint custody and now you have primary custody, the court will consider a modification of child support

While this list is not exhaustive, these are the most common examples of situations where the Court will consider a modification of child support. If you believe that child support should be lowered or raised, you should see an attorney and take action immediately. Do not sit on your rights. If you believe you may be entitled to a child support change, it is important to understand that not all modifications are retroactive and there may be a time limit applicable if the Court determines to apply a modification retroactively.

Filing in Family Law Cases in Nevada Checklist

Further Reading

Are you a parent who is trying to figure out child custody? Are you unsure of what types of child support exist in Nevada? Do you wish to know more about grandparents’ rights in the state? Don’t worry – we’ve got your back! Check out these posts to learn more:

  1. Do You Have Child Custody Questions?
  2. Tips For Modifying Nevada Child Support
  3. Nevada Child Support
  4. Do I Still Have To Pay If I Have Joint Custody?
  5. 5 Things Fathers Should Know About Child Custody
  6. Unmarried Parents? Win Your Custody Battle Now!
  7. Avoid These Mistakes To Keep Custody
  8. Grandparents’ Rights In Nevada
  9. 103 Things Mothers Should Know About Child Custody In Nevada
  10. What are the 5 Types of Custody?

With this knowledge, you can make informed parenting and custody decisions. So don’t wait any longer – check out these posts now!

Next Steps

What’s Next?

Are you a Las Vegas resident needing help modifying child support payments?

Look no further!

The Rosenblum Allen Law Firm is the best around when it comes to handling these critical cases.

Our team of experienced attorneys will make sure that all your paperwork and legal issues get taken care of quickly and efficiently.

And with our convenient location in Las Vegas, we can provide quality service close to home.

Get the professional help you need from the experts at The Rosenblum Allen Law Firm today.

We’re here for you!

Sign up for our Newsletter