Child Abuse & Neglect

At Rosenblum Law Offices, our CPS Defense Lawyers are among just a few lawyers in Clark County who are Court appointed to represent parents when their children have been removed by CPS. We have specialized knowledge and experience in CPS and dependency cases that most lawyers don’t have. If your children have been taken by CPS it is important to have a lawyer that knows the system and will fight for your rights.

A child abuse or neglect investigation can affect your custody rights and visitation rights. A charge of child abuse or neglect can include such things as: physical, sexual or emotional abuse of a child, maltreatment of a child or negligence in the care or treatment of a child.

How does a CPS case start?

Usually, a child abuse or neglect case begins with child protective services (CPS). CPS is a division of the Clark County Department of Family Services that investigates reports of child abuse and neglect. Once a claim of abuse or neglect is reported to CPS, the agency will investigate the matter and may take a child into protective custody depending on the result of the investigation.

If you are facing the possibility that your child will be taken into protective custody, or if your child has already been taken into custody by CPS, it is important to talk to an attorney about your legal rights. Child abuse allegations are serious, and you will need a legal professional to help with this matter if you are to protect not only your legal rights but your child’s best interests.

Why should I hire you for my CPS case?

Child abuse and neglect cases can often be very complex and it is important to be sure your interests are represented to the fullest extent of the law by working with an experienced lawyer at Rosenblum Law Offices. We have over 15 years of experience to apply to your case and have handled hundreds of child abuse and neglect cases in both the family court and the criminal court. We can help you whether you are facing allegations of abuse or neglect. Call us today at (702) 433-2889 or fill out our on-line form for more information.